Our club has a lot going for it! We think you'll prefer Addison Singles Toastmasters Club over other clubs because:
- This is a SAFE place to practice your speaking skills. Our nurturing
environment helps you lose your fear of public speaking and allows
you to progress at your own pace through a program
that's helped millions of people like you.
- Addison Singles Toastmasters is a PRESIDENT'S DISTINGUISHED club, the highest
rating given to a club. This means we meet or beat 9 of the 10
club goals set by Toastmasters International, including membership
recruiting, officer training, and individual members' achievements.
- We're a SOCIAL group, and do we know
how to have fun! Not only are the meetings a lot of fun, we socialize
every week after the meeting and hold lots of parties, dances,
dinners, and events throughout the year.
If you are interested in finding out more, the first step is to come to our 7:00PM Wednesday meeting at La Madeleine, 5290 Beltline Road at Montfort, Addison, TX. You can also download the following information for guests:
Welcome letter for visitors to
Addison Singles Toastmasters Club
All About Toastmasters, Toastmasters
Yes, You Need Toastmasters,
Toastmasters International brochure
- What do I get when I join? You will immediately
receive a manual from
Toastmasters International that will help you get acquainted with
the various meeting duties
and the program of speeches. You'll be listed on our membership
roster and invited to our social events. The Education officer
will find out from you how you would like to begin participating
in the meetings. Usually, you will start out performing easy,
minor duties for a meeting, then work your way into giving your
first speech, the icebreaker, within a few months of joining (or
sooner if you're ready).
- What does it cost? The annual dues for
both international and local clubs is $60.00. It's payable twice
a year ($30.00 each time) in March and October. That works out
to $1.15 per meeting! For new members, there is a one-time initiation
fee. See the dues schedule
for full details.
- What do I get for my dues investment? You will receive
a New Member kit from Toastmasters International that includes
a membership certificate, speaking tips and tool lists, and the
Communication and Leadership Manual. This manual
contains a description of 10 speeches that you'll give at your
own pace and that will earn you the recognition of becoming a
CTM (Competent Toastmaster). The manual also describes the various
major and minor duties held during a meeting.
- Do I have to live or work in Addison to join? No. Some clubs have restrictions or are associated with a particular corporation. We have no such affiliation or restrictions. As a matter of fact, we have members who come from Sherman, Canton, and Lewisville, to name a few faraway places!
- If I come to a meeting, do I have to make up my mind about joining that night? No. The first meeting can be overwhelming for some people. We recommend you come back a few times so you can get to know our group. You might even want to visit other clubs in the area and find the one that fits you best.
- If I join, do I have to attend every week? We know you can set your own schedule and priorities in life, and there is no requirement to attend every meeting.
- How long does it take to get on the agenda if I want to give a speech?
Our 90 minute format allows for three speakers per week,
so there's seldom any wait to get on the agenda. Just contact
the VP of Education who manages the duty roster.
- What if I have a question that's not covered here?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at 972-390-0693. We'll get you an answer!